Register To Vote
To vote in Ohio you must:
- Register at least 30 days before Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election
- Be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election (your residence is a location you consider your permanent dwelling).
- Not be incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
- To register to vote, you must complete a voter registration form.
- You can fill out and print a registration form from our website
- Or you can go to www.MyOhioVote.com to download a blank form
- Or you may request one to mailed by calling the Allen County Board of Elections at 419-223-8530
- Or you may pick up a voter registration form at a number of other places, including public libraries, public high schools, Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicle locations and the Department of Job and Family Services.For a complete list of locations, visit www.MyOhioVote.com.
- Properly complete the voter registration form, including all required information noted in the instructions.
- Once you have completed your registration, return it by mail to Allen County Board of Elections, Post Office Box 5008 Lima OH 45802 or you may drop it off at one of the locations listed previously in #1. You will be sent a notice from your county board identifying your voting precinct information and voting location.
- You may check your voter information at Allen County’s Board of Elections Website or www.MyOhioVote.com. If the search does not return your information, please contact us to check on the status of your registration by calling 419-223-8530.
Your properly completed voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the 30th day before the next election if you want to vote.
Keep Your Registration Updated
If you are registered to vote but have moved within Ohio and/or changed your name, you should update your voter registration at least 30 days prior to the election.
You can do so by:
- Submitting a new registration form with your new residence and/or name change.
- Or using the Online Change of Address System available at www.MyOhioVote.com (for address changes only).
Complete and mail registration to:
Allen County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 5008
Lima, Ohio 45802