Register To Vote
To vote in Ohio you must:
- Register at least 30 days before Election Day
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election
- Be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days before the election (your residence is a location you consider your permanent dwelling).
- Not be incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
- To register to vote, you must complete a voter registration form.
Go to www.MyOhioVote.com to download a blank form or request one be mailed to you by the Secretary of State’s office or your county board of elections. You may also pick up a voter registration form at a number of other places, including public libraries, public high schools, Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicle locations and the Department of Job and Family Services.For a complete list of locations, visit www.MyOhioVote.com.
- Properly complete the voter registration form, including all required information noted in the instructions.
- Once you have completed your registration, return it by mail to the Secretary of State’s office, your county board of elections or one of the locations listed previously in #1. You will then be sent a notice from your county board identifying your voting precinct location.
- You may check your voter information at www.MyOhioVote.com or Allen County’s Board of Elections Website. If the search does not return your information, please contact your county board of elections to check on the status of your registration.
Your properly completed voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the 30th day before the election at which you wish to vote. To have a form sent to you click here. You can also download and print off here.
Keep Your Registration Updated
If you are registered to vote but have moved within Ohio and/or changed your name, you should update your voter registration at least 30 days prior to the election.
You can do so by:
- Submitting a new registration form with your new residence and/or name
- or using the Online Change of Address System available at www.MyOhioVote.com (for address changes only).