How Do I Vote On Election Day?
- Polls are open on Election Day from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- You must cast your ballot in your precinct at your polling place.
- To find your precinct and polling place you can call the Board of Elections (419-223-8530), use our Polling Location Lookup.
- Remember to bring an acceptable form of identification to the polls on Election Day.
What Are Acceptable Forms of Identification I May Use At The Polls?
- A current and valid driver’s license or state identification card
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, or paycheck that shows your name and address
- Current Military identification
- For more information click here.
For Voter I.D. purposes “current” means the document was issued on a date within one year of the election or has on it an expiration date which is after the date of the election.
How Do I Vote An Absentee Ballot?
How Do I Vote An Absentee Ballot From A Hospital?
What Does It Mean If I Have To Vote A Provisional Ballot?
* What Does It Mean To Be A Qualified Ohio Voter?
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the next general election. (If you will be 18 on or before November 8, you may vote in the primary election to nominate candidates, but you cannot vote on issues or party central committees until you are 18);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state, or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court; and
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violating the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections held in your voting precinct 30 days after you are duly registered to vote in this state. You may request an absentee ballot during that 30 day period.