The following voters are UOCAVA Voters:
A uniformed services voter:
- A member of the active or reserve components of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard;
- A member of the National Guard and the organized militia who is on activated status;
- A member of the merchant marine, the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; or
- A spouse or dependent of any of the above.
An overseas voter:
- A person who is considered by Ohio law to be a resident of the state, but currently is living outside the U.S. Before leaving the U.S., the voter was last eligible to vote in Ohio or would have been eligible to vote in Ohio had the voter been 18 years of age or older; or
- A person who was born outside the U.S., but who has a parent or guardian who last resided and was last eligible to vote in Ohio before leaving the U.S.